Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to proceed when upstream bundles prohibited sofware
Am Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013, 14:02:20 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Wednesday 2013-06-12 10:26, toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#When_Upstream_uses_Prohi
bited_Code

Since there is no suggestion in our guidelines, how do I proceed in
this case, as implementing the removal of offending code is not the
issue but AFAIK our buildservice has some checks for the source code
from the Source URL

The Build Service does not do any checks in general. People may want
to make you believe that in that they submit SRs that include lots of
URLs, but by default, nothing pertaining to source is done.

Only manual intervention in the form of a _service can influence
that; the "download_files" service for example, because it always
redownloads the full file

not when you have a configured cache.

(taking time, nerve, and a toll on people's
download volumes), obviously requires that the remote URL not throw
404 or an other error.
--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx