Re: [opensuse-packaging] E: shlib-policy-name-error
On 05/21/2013 06:05 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2013-05-21 18:01, Michael Matz wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

% osc -A obs ls openSUSE:Factory | grep "\." | wc -l
21

Wow that looks ugly. Really, I would have preferred python3-zope-interface
rather than python3-zope.interface,

Yikes!

What?
For Perl, we also have perl-Class-Package, and so on.

Perl is different (tm)! It uses the colons which RPM _really_ can't use (@mls, why actually?). In general, package names should follow their upstream project names as much as possible and not how we prefer it to look like. If an upstream name contains dots, so be it. The rest is mood.

> If any in-program
> identifiers need to be specified, there is perl(Class::Package), or for
> python there could be some python(zope.interface), or java(java.io).

Feel free to implement, 90% of a solution can be found in home:saschpe:pyrpm. It didn't yet found it's way into the python base package due to lack of time, unfortunately.
--
Sascha Peilicke
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany