Re: [opensuse-packaging] E: shlib-policy-name-error
Shawn,

The policy indicates that the library soname be used as package name...
so the lib forces the name of the package, not the other way around.

example:
libpanel-applet-1.so.0 would result in libpanel-applet-1.0 (which is
likely what you see now?)

Dpes that clarify it for you?

Best regards,
Dominique
--- Begin Message --- So I'm building consort-panel in devel:cloverleaf:Consort/consort-panel
and rpmlint is kicking up what is apparently this very serious error:

libpanel-consort-applet-4-0.x86_64: E: shlib-policy-name-error (Badness:
10000) libpanel-applet-1-0
[ 152s] Your package contains a single shared library but is not named
after its
[ 152s] SONAME.

Which is fine, I'm working with the upstream developer, and we'll change
the name, but what would be the most appropriate name for this library,
so we stay consistent with openSUSE policy?

--- End Message ---