[opensuse-packaging] devel:languages:erlang project news
Hi,

I've just linked erlang against openSUSE:Facory erlang. Now, we have
devel:languages:erlang:Factory subproject where erlang is developed
and this package is now devel for openSUSE:Factory, and we have erlang
at devel:languages:erlang for compatibility. We are planning to remove
erlang from devel:languages:erlang as soon as 12.3 will be
discontinued (for people, who added the repo to their boxes nothing
should change).

However, lots of people and projects link erlang from
devel:languages:erlang, and I would like to collect here some points
for this people. Probably, I also have to send delete requests to all
this packages with link to this message in order to notify that from
now they link probably something wrong.

1. erlang is developed at devel:languages:erlang:Factory, please send
your submitrequest to appropriate project. No sr will be accepted at
devel:languages:erlang/erlang.

2. Why do you need bleeding-edge erlang in your project? openSUSE 12.2
and 12.3 provide erlang in oss-repo. Maybe it is enough. You also
possibly create shadowing problem for people, masking erlang from
distro with your bleeding-edge link.

3. If you do really need up-to-date erlang, please, consider linking
from openSUSE:Factory, where it is probably little bit stable than in
devel project where It can be occasionally broken.

4. Thank you for cooperation.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov