Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changing locale settings for building a package
El 18/02/13 14:11, Krzysztof Żelechowski escribió:
Dnia niedziela, 17 lutego 2013 22:19:02 Karl Ove Hufthammer pisze:
I’m working on creating a package where the ‘build’ process seems to
depend on being run under a UTF-8 locale. It turns out the the package
when built on the OBS succeeds, but contains an invalid file, due to
improper multibyte handling. I can get the same invalid file by doing a
‘LC_ALL=C make’ on my local system.

Is there a way to make OBS run under a UTF-8 locale, like ‘en_US.UTF-8’?
What is the recommend way of handling problems like this?

How about ordering { LANG=en_US.UTF-8 make; }?

I believe he might need to buildrequire glibc-locale too .