Re: [opensuse-packaging] package looking for maintainer: the AT daemon

I don't think the above is in the spirit of systemd. Ideally atd would
parse /etc/sysconfig/atd itself¹ and set it's defaults accordingly.

I think this remark shows very cleanly why so many *feel* that there is
something wrong with the systemd concept. May be it has some merits over
sysinit, but:

It contradicts KISS. "atd" (or any other daemon) should do what it is designed
for. If any init system wants to start it, it has to deal with "at", *not* the
other way round. To me what you call "ideally" sounds just like a wrong way.

Just an observation, 2c as usual, by no means a try to start another
discussion about this topic.

Detlef