Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: How to get the mlt version?
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:40, Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@...> wrote:

On 26 November 2012 10:26, Ilya Chernykh <anixxsus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a package that searches for mlt profiles in /usr/share/mlt/profiles/.
But mlt-4 has its profiles in /usr/share/mlt-4/profiles/ and mlt-5 has it in
/usr/share/mlt-5/profiles/

So I have to correct the path at the build time with a "sed" depending on what
mlt version is in the release.
How can I do this?

The .pc file has a mltdatadir variable. But the fix wasn't applied to
the main 12.2 repository, so you would need to build against the
update repository.

In general all the MLT thing needs a bit of love. But I don't have a
lot of time and upstream has not been very responsible about these
issues.

If there's no .pc file or no mltdatadir variable, you can get it yourself,
with some shell magic:

"ls /usr/share/mlt-?" gives the full dirname, assign this to your mltdatadir variable, e.g.:

mltdatadir=`cd ${BUILTROOT} ; /bin/ls usr/share/mlt-?`

that should give you either
mltdatadir=usr/share/mlt-4 or
mltdatadir=usr/share/mlt-5 atm.

But Cristian is right, there's some upstream love missing in "mlt".

-- Yamaban.