Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to disable no-return-in-nonvoid-function?
On Monday 26 November 2012 21:44:10 Philipp Thomas wrote:

It is very difficult to fix all these cases (not to mention I do not know
C++ and can only guess where to insert "0" and where "NULL")

It is plain wrong to ignore this warning. You *have* to check each one
closely to decide whether or not to fix it. That is also why a package
maintainer should have a basic knowledge of the programming language a
pckage is written in.

and also I am afraid this can break all the existing and future patches to
this package.

I have never encountered a rejection by upstream when I sent patches fixing
these warnings their way. But otherwise: welcome to the maintenance world,
i.e., forward porting patches is part of a packagers work.

Previously I could disable it by setting the badness to 0 but it seems
this does not work any more. What should I do?

Tell the package URL and let others try to fix the issue.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=kde3-kdenlive&project=KDE%3AKDE3

But even if built the program crashes upon start :-(