Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to disable no-return-in-nonvoid-function?

Quoting Ilya Chernykh <anixxsus@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Monday 26 November 2012 13:36:46 Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar wrote:

> I have a package that brings about 50 errors
> "no-return-in-nonvoid-function". It is very difficult to fix all
> these cases (not to mention I do not know C++ and can only guess
> where to insert "0" and where "NULL")
> and also I am afraid this can break all the existing and future
> patches to this package. Previously I could disable it by setting
> the badness
> to 0 but it seems this does not work any more. What should I do?

You should contact upstream and fix the issues...

If you really 'must' disable this (there is no chance for the package
to enter Factory though!) you can add
#!BuildIgnore: brp-check-suse
to the .spec file...

I know I can buildrequire -post-build-checks (was this package renamed?), but this
will disable all ckecks. I want other checks in place, but only this one removed (why it was transferred from
rpmlint to brp by the way?). Currently I added "-Wno-return-type" to the compiller command line, but this
still seems to be too broad. Still looking for more specific method.

The most specific one is: patch the source and fix the underlying issue.
The no-return-in-nonvoid has been a brp check for as long as I remember...

Best thing is really: bring it to upstream to get a proper fix to it...

Dominique