Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to find out which dependency installed a package?

Hello,

On Nov 22 19:10 Guido Berhoerster wrote (excerpt):
* Ralf Lang <lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2012-11-22 18:52]:
horde5-content has conflicts for SLES11 because it prefers php53 but
something forced "php5" to be installed. How can I find out which
package(s) in the dependency tree forced this?

You can try "rpm -q --whatrequires php5" from within the build chroot.

Yes, one can try this and that until one ends up in madness... ;-)

Only "rpm -e --test package" shows the full truth which other
package(s) require package, see my English excerpt in
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2011-11/msg00076.html

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner