Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE Packaging Guidelines Update
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:08:46 +0000
Hi again,

Adam Spiers (aspiers@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
Andreas Jaeger (aj@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
On Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:53:50 Adam Spiers wrote:
I'm quite new to most of this, but I just wanted to mention / confess
that in the last few days I have been attempting to improve

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby

Great!

based on discussions on opensuse-ruby. There are still some
unanswered questions which hopefully will be resolved very shortly.

Could you introduce the change on this mailing list as well and ask for
additional feedback, please?

I did already ask some people for feedback, but sure - here's an
official "public" request :) These are my current changes:

http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=openSUSE%3APackaging_Ruby&action=historysubmit&diff=55791&oldid=55737

Hopefully they're self-explanatory.

There are still other things I want to document, but they are blocked
on the outcome of various discussions including an active thread on
opensuse-ruby, e.g.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-ruby/2012-11/msg00039.html

I have done some more substantial updates to

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby

IMHO it is now a lot closer to being complete and up to date, but I
would welcome reviewers.

I have not made any changes to existing policy (in fact that would be
difficult anyway, because there wasn't really much hard policy
existing before) but have instead tried to explicitly document things
which have been mentioned in mailing list discussions and also include
some helpful tips for issues which packagers are likely to encounter.

Adam