Re: [opensuse-packaging] mysterious failing of package build
Hi

Quoting Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer@xxxxxx>:

devel:languages:R:devel/R

I'm trying to build packages for the next upstream version of R.

There are some changes in upstream, but I don't understand
why all files are declared

Declaring all files (explicit list) is usually done to ensure no feature gets transparently lost.. a good thing :)

[ 2007s] Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/R-base-2.16.0-1.1.x86_64
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
[ 2014s] /etc/ld.so.conf.d/R.conf
[ 2014s] /usr/bin/R
[ 2014s] /usr/bin/Rscript
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/COPYING
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/NEWS
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/NEWS.pdf
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/SVN-REVISION
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/BATCH
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/COMPILE
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/INSTALL
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/LINK
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/R
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/REMOVE
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rcmd
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rd2pdf
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rdconv
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rdiff
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rprof
[ 2014s] /usr/lib64/R/bin/Rscript
.... and so on.

For me these files are definitly included in the spec.
(And the spec works e.g. devel:languages:R:base, part of factory)

Not unlikely, the error is a few lines higher and probably a 'FILE NOT FOUND' as part of a %doc statement.. they tend to be overseen.

As you unfortunately did not give a link to the project / package that actually shows the failure, this is a bit wild guessing of course.. best I can do in this case.

Dominique