Re: [opensuse-packaging] Common LIsp packaging
Hello,

Am Montag, 19. November 2012 schrieb Alex Naumov:
The first version of it you can find there:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Lisp
(please discuss here before edit something in wiki)

I don't know anything about Lisp, but... (quoting from the wiki page)

| BuildRequires: common-lisp-controlle
| Requires: common-lisp-controller
| Requires(post): common-lisp-controller
| Requires(preun): common-lisp-controller

a) the first line seems to miss a r (...-controlle_r_)

b) what about grouping those lines into a macro %lisp_requires, similar
to %perl_requires?

| %install
|
| %{__rm} -rf %{buildroot}

IIRC the "normal packaging guidelines" (as you call them) tell you not
to delete the buildroot ;-)

| # Replace @NAME@ below with the Common Lisp library name, which may be
| different from the package name if it is not already prefixed with
| "cl-".

You might want to define this as a variable in the spec file to avoid
duplication.

The remaining part of %install looks like you might want to create one
or more rpm macros (assuming the %install of most/all lisp packages is
done exactly as shown in your example spec file)

Now I'm curious if you also get feedback from people who know something
about Lisp ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Please do not think so much about licenses, it will just make
your head explode if not carefully studied over the years ;)