Re: [opensuse-packaging] Issues with building Chromium due to ffmpeg dependency
On Sunday 11 November 2012 20:19:20 Krzysztof ┼╗elechowski wrote:
Method 3, try to get the legal team to allow a version of ffmpeg with
only free libraries. Lets call it ffmpeg-minimal or ffmpeg-free (to
differentiate and let people know it's not complete).

Method 4, implement a fake ffmpeg library that always fails.

Guys,

Thanks for coming up with the most wild ideas, but as indicated already in my
original email. Elvigia already created a package that contains stripped
libraries from the ffmpeg package that pacman is building.

I already tried to use this for Chromium, but ended up in different errors that
certain symbols were already defined previously.

So I don't think that the options 3 and 4 would really work.

Regards

Raymond