Re: [opensuse-packaging] Finding pkg name.
Hello,

Am Samstag, 10. November 2012 schrieb Sanjeev BA:
I have been using OBS for a few weeks now.
I would like to know if there is a way to find the package name that
provides a specific header file that I want to use, using the web
interface.

For released openSUSE distributions, download ARCHIVES.gz from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.2/repo/oss/ (obviously this
link is for 12.2). The non-oss tree has a separate ARCHIVES.gz, but you
probably won't find too many headers in it.

ARCHIVES.gz contains rpm -qi (package information) and rpm -ql
(filelist) results for all available packages. You can search it with
zgrep or pin.

@OBS team: it would be nice if you could create an ARCHIVES.gz for other
distributions also ;-)

Regards,