Re: [opensuse-packaging] Finding pkg name.
В Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:27:39 +0100
Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecrilj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Dnia sobota, 10 listopada 2012 09:02:05 Sanjeev BA pisze:
Hello

I have been using OBS for a few weeks now.
I would like to know if there is a way to find the package name that
provides a specific header file that I want to use, using the web
interface.

No, there is not.

I need this info to fill up my BuildRequires line.

Just leave it out and see what happens.

The practical problem is that often configure will just skip over
missing prerequisite and your package will build but without some
features. If you are lucky and some file explicitly listed in %files is
missing, you are least get packaging error; but if some code will be
just #ifdef'ed out during compilation, you will not notice it until
later.

Having possibility to query full file list for a distribution is very
handy.