Re: [opensuse-packaging] package looking for maintainer: the AT daemon
  • From: Torsten Grote <grote@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 14:09:43 +0100
Hi Guido,

On Saturday 03 November 2012 14:14:11 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
the costs of forking or swapping out systemd with alternative
implementations become prohibitive for other entities/copetitors with less
engineering resources.

I do see your point, but as long as systemd is Free Software, I wouldn't call
it proprietary. The fact that me might not have the resources to exercise the
freedom _fully_ does play a role, but does not make the software non-free. You
might not be able to run a newspaper, but still enjoy freedom of press.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist