Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging Guideline enforcement
El dom 28 oct 2012 14:24:00 CLST, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger escribió:

Free software should not be confused with Anarchy... it's not that our
packaging guidelines are really tough... and sorry to say: 'packaging is
a job to be taken serious' - which comes with maintainership.

HUh ? I have been doing this for the past 5 years, no need to tell me anything like that.

- Lifecycle of a patch gives clear indication for other packagers when a
patch was added and removed..

That information should be retrived from a different source, just like upstream changelogs. either
from the SCM history, rpm metadata or something automated and yet to be developed, where the OBS knows a new patch has been added
and stores such information for everybody to see, without bothering packages with meaningless tasks.

It is so absurd that complyng with this rules takes more time than actually fixing a problem.