[opensuse-packaging] Re:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:27, Stephan Kulow <coolo@...> wrote:
Am 27.10.2012 18:32, schrieb Kyrill Detinov:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 12:46:29 +0100 Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

- opensuse-manuals_ru Fails for 86 days: java 1.7 breaks it

I don't think this is a real problem. The package is built noarch.
And it is buit successfully for i586. So we have it in repository
any way.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=opensuse-manuals_ru&project=openSUSE%3AFactory

If java 1.7 breaks fop on x86_64, it *is* a problem.

But where exactly? Java 1.7, the toolchain used to build the package,
or the sourcefiles of the package, here: opensuse-manuals_ru.

This rises a harsh question: why does java balk just at 64bit *-ru ?

If the root of the troubles is not in the toolchain (inc. java), are
the sources of the manual encoded right? (ONLY UTF8 should be allowed)

The ONE time I had trouble with 64bit and no trouble with 32bit, was
caused by wrong Byte-Order-Marks in UTF16 encoded files, that where
ignored by the tools used.

-- Yamaban.