[opensuse-packaging] Problem with vala code
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:59:46 +0200

Could anyone familiar with vala help me with the following
problem? I have a package (X11:xfce/midori) with vala code that
looks as follows:

uint64 total_size = download.total_size, current_size = download.current_size;
[...]
download.set_data<uint64> ("last-size", current_size);

(download is an instance of a GObjetct) and vala translates this
into the following C code:

guint64 current_size;
[...]
guint64 _tmp111_;
[...]
_tmp111_ = current_size;
g_object_set_data_full ((GObject*) _tmp110_, "last-size", _tmp111_, NULL);

This is obviously broken on architectures with pointer size < 8
bytes and triggers a brp check breaking the build. Now I'm not
sure whether this is a bug in vala or the above code, is it
possible to force vala to heap-allocate a uint64 variable and to
correctly pass a pointer here?

Thanks,
--
Guido Berhoerster