Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging Policies - and how to change them: A proposal
On 10/01/2012 04:30 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Monday, October 01, 2012 16:02:55 Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 10/01/2012 01:07 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Looking at our packaging policies, I see nobody nobody currently
taking care of it and no real process to change them and make those
changes known.

I guess somehow double nobody makes somebody ;) please have a look at
the following messages, was that similar to what you have in mind

<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2012-09/msg00123.html>
<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2012-09/msg00214.html>

Yes, those kind of messages show the problem we currently have and that
I'd like to help with. My proposal for these would be for the future: No
discussion - thus means approved; please update the wiki with these
changes - and then it gets announced.

My question would be how long should be the waiting time, before calling
it no discussion -> approved ? days/ weeks /month(s) before taking the
action. How about 2 weeks of no discussion leads to approval status or
to be discussed with reviewers you want to establish.

Togan