Re: [opensuse-packaging] Warning: makeinfo was splitted off from texinfo
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 01:49:30PM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:

To add some numbers...
On a usual core2 machine the osc build installation part of these (BTW
now strange looking) BuildRequires from my sbcl package ...

%if 0%{?fedora_version:1}
BuildRequires: texinfo-tex
%else
BuildRequires: texinfo
%endif
%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1220 || 0%{?fedora_version:1}
BuildRequires: texlive-dvips
%else
BuildRequires: texlive-bin
%endif

... takes about 9 minutes on openSUSE_Factory in comparision to 1 minute
on openSUSE_12.1. When re-using the build root for packages with and
without texlive deps then the relative contrast is even bigger.
This is IMO just not acceptable.

It has me taken three months in parallel to my normal job to make
TeXLive 2012 compatible with the upstream package scheme. In fact
I'm using the upstream package data base to generate with the help
of some larger perl scripts the packages including fetching source
tar balls, generating spec files, incooperate patches, and further
dependencies, ... I'll not go back from this point.

This is problem of libzypp used by zypper and YaST.

Werner