Re: [opensuse-packaging] Warning: makeinfo was splitted off from texinfo
On Wednesday 18 July 2012, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
Hi,

for all of those packages which uses

BuildRequires: texinfo

or hope on the standard build environment providing texinfo,
please use

BuildRequires: makeinfo

as the makeinfo utility has been split off from texinfo package
to avoid that TeXLive packages will be installed for generating
simple info file(s).

For packages depending texinfo tools like texi2dvi the required
TeXLive packages will be installed if and only if the packages
texlive-specs-a upto texlive-specs-z and texlive will be part
of openSUSE:Factory. With this we have than the same package
structure as TeXLive upstream already provides (more than 6000
packages:).

Hm, installing a complete texlive-bin takes ages now ...
I see that splitting all these texlive packages could be nice for OBS
build systems if it would speed up things. In practice the split is
just annoying.
For example installing texlive-dvips for Factory takes much much longer
than installing texlive-bin on 11.4.

cu,
Rudi