[opensuse-packaging] Newbie documentation example for a package edit and submission
All,

Based on a email I got from Andreas Jeager, I started to create a full
example of branching a package, patching it and submitting it back:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial#A_start_to_end_example_of_a_simple_change

It definitely needs more work, but I don't know of any other true
tutorial style example on the wiki.

Is there by chance a package in OBS that is relatively trivial to use in
this example. It would be best if it didn't have a maintainer getting
notification emails about SRs.

It would also be nice if it had at least one patch, so the user would
have something to model when they add a patch to the specfile.

I would like the tutorial example to end by having a SR
submitted, then revoked by the budding OBS user. Not having anyone
getting SR related emails would make that feasible with no one in the
loop but the person going through the tutorial..

fyi: All, please feel free to update / correct what I wrote on the wiki.

Thanks
Greg