Re: [opensuse-packaging] Opinions about OBS notifications
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Christopher Hofmann <cwh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

we are trying to find out whether the current notification system we are
using in the OBS useful and fulfills the requirements of its users.

So a loose collection of questions might be:
Do you know the different ways of being notified (email, RSS, twitter)?
Do you use other channels than email?
Do you know the configuration interface https://hermes.opensuse.org/ ?
Do you use it? means: did you ever tweak params there?
Is it intuitive to use?
Did you ever use the expert mode?
Is the expert mode intuitive to use?

Are you missing features?

Is it working as you expected? (Except of things already known as bugs.)

Other thoughts?

Bye,
Christopher

Christopher,

Feature request: Have the ability to be a repository maintainer, but
only get build success/failure notification about packages I care
about within the ovrall repository.

(I have no idea if others would find that helpful or not)

== why I find myself with this need

I have used https://hermes.opensuse.org/ and I don't recall if it can do this:

I'm a maintainer of the security repo so I can do the very occasional
linkpac. I also actively maintain 10 or 15 packages in security but
ingore the rest. I think I'm set as the bug owner for those 10 or 15
packages. If not, I can certainly make that be true.

I would like to be able to get build failure notifications for only
that subset of packages I actually work with, not every package in the
security repo. Currently I get a daily build success and failure
notification, but since it has all of security in it, I get a lot of
notifications I don't care about.

I don't think hermes let's me restrict that down easily currently. Or
maybe I just don't know how.

Greg