Re: [opensuse-packaging] Opinions about OBS notifications
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:54:19 -0300
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Christopher Hofmann <cwh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
So a loose collection of questions might be:
Do you know the different ways of being notified (email, RSS, twitter)?

I only knew about email.

Do you use other channels than email?

Nope

Do you know the configuration interface https://hermes.opensuse.org/ ?

Yep

Do you use it? means: did you ever tweak params there?

Yep (infrequently)

Is it intuitive to use?

Yep

Did you ever use the expert mode?

Le what?

Is the expert mode intuitive to use?

N/A

Are you missing features?

Yep. A link from build.o.o to hermes, or better integration with the web-ui.
Especially for the appliance... I'm not sure how to get notifications
working on the appliance.

And an "edge" notification mode. Ie: when a build status changes
instead when it fails. Because for packages that fail and build
against factory, it ends up spamming quite considerably on each
factory-induced failed rebuild.

Is it working as you expected? (Except of things already known as bugs.)

Yep. A-ok.

Other thoughts?

For the edge thing, I just checked the expert interface.
Cool, but I don't see anything that applies. Frequency limits aren't
exactly it, and though the "reason" filter get close, it's still not
it.

My initial impression of the expert interface: intuitive enough, for experts.