Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: Tagging backported patches in the spec
Le vendredi 06 juillet 2012, à 09:30 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 09:25 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 07/06/2012 09:15 AM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

The gnome team (who uses those patch tags a lot) uses PATCH-FIX-UPSTREAM
(which is also in the list): upstream seams correct: after all, the
patch HAS BEEN in upstreams vcs already... I don't see much need to
introduce a new tag.

The for mentioned page defines it as "Fixes for the upstream sources
that should be upstreamed" which by definition does not fit the backport.

Two solutions to the problem:
- Introduce a new patch tag (frankly, most people have trouble
understanding the few variants used...)
- Fix the documentation to reflect what is currently done in reality:

"Fixes for the upstream sources that are (or should be) of interest to
upstream"

I think fixing the doc is the right way forward. I've always understood
PATCH-FIX-UPSTREAM as "the patch is really for an upstream issue; patch
has been sent upstream, or is taken from vcs, or has been backported"

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.