Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: Tagging backported patches in the spec
On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 09:06 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Hi,

The packaging portal has some guidelines regarding the tagging of
patches in the spec file of a package
<http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Patches_guidelines>

From time to time I find myself backporting patches from the upstream
sources, and though I am not so sure if it is the correct way to name
it, I started using the following tag

PATCH-FIX-BACKPORT

Neither PATCH-FIX-OPENSUSE nor PATCH-FEATURE-OPENSUSE in my mind reflect
the backporting process.

The gnome team (who uses those patch tags a lot) uses PATCH-FIX-UPSTREAM
(which is also in the list): upstream seams correct: after all, the
patch HAS BEEN in upstreams vcs already... I don't see much need to
introduce a new tag.

As an addon, in the 'comment' section we commonly also add the commit
id/ref for reference.

Best regards,

Dominique