Re: [opensuse-packaging] Could we decide on an official policy about pkgconfig() style BuildRequires?
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 09:47:57 +0200
On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:22:13 todd rme wrote:
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Cristian Morales Vega

<reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
p.s: Suse, please, if you are going to release a SP3 add pkg-config
to your build environment and patch your RPM to add the pkgconfig()
Provides. Another patch to add %make_install would also be
welcomed. It's not like anything is going to break because of this.

Off-Topic: Is there an official place for such requests? I have a few
of my own.

If you have specific requests for SLE, feel free to send them to me and
let's discuss what to do.

The next major release of SLE - SLE12 - will be using openSUSE as
upstream again, so anything we do in openSUSE might go in.

For a Service Pack like SP3, there're no plans to make a major change
like making it pkg-config friendly. This has to wait for SLE12,

Andreas