Re: [opensuse-packaging] Could we decide on an official policy about pkgconfig() style BuildRequires?
Le mardi 03 juillet 2012, à 17:58 +0100, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
Could we decide on an official policy about this?

My vote is for:
a) Prefer the use of pkgconfig() dependencies
b) If compatibility with old distributions is desired do the changes
in the old distributions

For 'b' we would advance a lot if for SLE the OBS would use the
implicit rule "Substitute: pkgconfig(X) X-devel" if no explicit
Substitute is available. The rest could be added manually, preferably
in the prjconf of the main SUSE:SLE-11:SP2 project so devel projects
don't need to duplicate the work.

That's what we do in GNOME:Apps, and it works well. Obviously, the fact
that we have to deal with the Substitutes in prjconf ourselves is not
fun, so if we could push those in SUSE:SLE-11:SP2 project, that'd be
even better :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.