Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic submission of changes to Factory
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30.01.2012 23:17, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I look at the WebUI My Projects page fairly often to help me remember
what projects I'm a maintainer for.

A status column for packages in devel projects which showed:

-- Not in factory at all
-- Initial submission to factory pending
-- Initial submission to factory rejected
-- In factory and current
-- In factory, but factory is not current
-- In factory, and factory update submission pending
-- In factory, and factory update submission rejected

would increase the likelihood I kept a handle on my various devel packages.

I can throw this into openfate if it would be useful.

Throw it in if you think it's useful, but it's pretty hard to implement,
taking that
OBS is not only for factory. It would be pretty confusing for people if the
packages
view changes depending on devel packages around - IMO.

What I work on though is a subset of the above - making the factory status
filterable
for username. I use that information then to also send a reminder mail. E.g.
ttp://goo.gl/wpKps is the factory status filtered for vuntz - which is a bit
more "interesting" than yours:

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/project/status?project=openSUSE%3AFactory&filter_devel=All+Packages&ignore_pending=true&limit_to_fails=false&include_versions=false&filter_for_user=gregfreemyer

The "update rejected" is something Vincent worked on and I think we should
integrate into the project status. At least if you go to build.opensuse.org,
you see your rejected submissions as part of /home/my_work now, I see 2 on

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/home/my_work?user=gregfreemyer

Greetings, Stephan

Assuming that status page is coming to the main OBS release, it
handles most of what I wanted. Is a link to that planned to be
included in the list of links in the OBS footer area?

===
One thing it lacks from my perspective is if a package has been
submitted to factory or not.

Another filter selection to say "Show non-home packages not submitted
to factory" would handle that.

And at least for me, anything I bothered to submit to a non-home
package I probably want to submit to factory. But due to dependencies
on other packages I've had a few packages hang out in the security
repo for months before they could be submitted to factory.

(Yesterday's rejection of bulk_extractor being a prime example. It
depends on libewf, which depends on python-fuse, which I just
submitted to factory yesterday. So when it gets in, I have to
remember to submit libewf. When that gets in I have to remember to
submit bulk_extractor. When you're doing it very part time like me,
it can take months for that sequence to work out and I forget what
status the various packages are in.)

Greg