Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic submission of changes to Factory
Le lundi 30 janvier 2012, à 10:08 +0100, Richard Guenther a écrit :
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Vincent Untz wrote:

Hi all,

For a while, we've had the issue of packages with changes in devel
projects not always being submitted to Factory. At the last openSUSE
Conference, it appeared that not everyone was aware that this had to be
manually done, and one solution that was discussed involved automatic
submission.

After some push from coolo, I finished a script I started working on a
while ago, and we now have obs-autosubmit:
https://gitorious.org/opensuse/obs-autosubmit

To put it simply, it submits unsubmitted changes to Factory. It tries
hard to be clever, for instance:

Err, I think this idea is completely broken. These are
"development" projects after all. Now, do we want to split
devel projects into a "staging" project (state to be submitted to
factory (after some while?)) and a real "devel" project (where
development happens?).

The issue here is that you're assuming everyone is using the devel
projects the same way. A good number of contributors really want to have
all their changes submitted to Factory -- they'd commit directly to
Factory if they could. We can argue for ages about whether they're wrong
or not, how we could make sure they follow some different process, etc.
Or we can make their life easier.

And yes, for me too, the autosubmit behavior would be broken.

Btw, note that obs-autosubmit doesn't act as soon as there is a change
in the devel project. There's usually a delay caused by various reasons,
and I think it'd make sense to add some check to make sure that the
last change is not too recent.

[...]

Please never autosubmit packages maintained by me (devel:gcc,
devel:libraries:c_c++/{cloog,gmp,mpc,mpfr,ppl}).

Sure, I've blacklisted those.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.