Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RFC: Cleanup of packages - checking doc files
On Thursday 19 January 2012, Yamaban wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:50, Andreas Jaeger <aj@...> wrote:
I just filed feature #313152 - to have a smaller base system which
is beneficial for appliances.

<snip>

I suggest to move everything to the devel package (or a doc package
if it exists).

On IRC, Vincent and Sascha suggested to keep README, NEWS (and
maybe AUTHORS) in the base package and move only ChangeLog to the
devel package. Another idea was to compress these files.

+1 for compression if not move to *-devel, gzip + less is needed for
base-system.

Suggestion: compress above 4k file-size at least. All LICENCE could
be compressed with no loss regarding legal.

I really don't like that.
1. I like to grep -r /usr/share/doc/packages easily
2. There are no much LICENCE files >4k. You wouldn't safe any reasonable
space.

Coulnd't the user better do it with btrs per-directory-compression
itself?

cu,
Rudi