Re: [opensuse-packaging] multimedia (and subrepos) project config
On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 09:39 +0100, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Does the split between multimedia:apps and multimedia:libs still make
sense? Obviously the apps are not usable without libs repo added as
well, because they build against these packages. I would join both
projects into one called "multimedia". Any comments on that?
Sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'm missing something, but why not move
multimedia:libs into devel:libraries:c_c++?

that would be very counter-productive, considering that most of
multimedia:apps depends on libraries from multimedia:libs => having
those libs in devel:libraries:c_c++ would just move the problem to
another repository;

the idea is to merge the two repos (multimedia:{apps,libs}) into one, so
the users won't run into issues all the time.

Dominique