Re: [opensuse-packaging] Breaking the loop with pkg-config 0.26
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:16:22 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012, 08:39:32 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hi,

A while ago, pkg-config 0.26 got released and the main change in there
is that it depends on an external glib (instead of an internal copy).

We can easily drop the pkg-config BuildRequires in glib by setting some
environment variable so that glib knows how to use pcre & friends. (Of
course, we lose the automatic pkgconfig() Provides/Requires, but okay,
let's ignore that).

However, things get ugly:

+ if we want glib2 to build with the external pcre library, we need
pcre-devel to be installed

+ pcre-devel has a Requires for /usr/bin/pkg-config, and hence on the
pkg-config package (automatically added at the same time as the
pkgconfig() Provides, I guess)

I think the easiest would be to change the detection to work also without
pkg-config to avoid the loop ... Or even hardcode the pcre support via a
patch, because we can ensure that the right one is installed via a versioned
BuildRequires.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH