[opensuse-packaging] Re: undefined reference to wxXmlNode::GetNodeContent() const
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:33:42 +0100
Paul Elliott wrote:

I am trying to package a program called maitreya using obs.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=rpm&project=home%3Apelliott11%3Amaitreya

for opensuse and mandrivia I am getting an undefined reference to
wxXmlNode::GetNodeContent() const
when compiling textclient.o

It's strange, this symbol should be available in all instances of libwx_base*_xml*. I see it in the header, in the source code, in the shared library, in the linker command line, but for some reason it fails.

I guess I need to ask an C++ expert.

The program builds correctly for fedora, as well as debian and ubuntu 10.10.

Can anyone tell if this problem is caused by opensuse's distro or the upstream
source? Is there perhaps an undocumented dependancy I need to add? The Program
uses wxWidgets-devel.

Could the readme refering to %wx_requires be the cause of this problem?

Linking against incompatible instance of wxWidgets causes type clash (e. g. declared as char*, expected wxString) or runtime crash.

Missing %wx_requires in the spec may cause runtime linking problems.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer