Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help with OBS-project
On Monday 21 February 2011 16:58:15 Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Hello geeckos!

I created a little project because I want to getting around with OBS.
So, I tried to create a standard-Kernel-package of linux 2.6.32.29. I
created the project:

Project home:openLHAG:kernel, Package kernel-default

and then I wanted to load up the source code.... I downloaded the
tar.bz2-file from kernel.org, and tried to upload it to OBS. But the
uploading-screen doesn?t go away. It still stays after a few minutes. Am
I just too impatiant or is this a general issue?

Several issues with that. First of all, the web server behind the webui is not
capable of streaming uploads. Therefore, uploading such a big tarball takes
time. As a solution, you should use the command line client (osc) to upload
files. But why do you create a new kernel package from scratch? I'd say you
could save a lot of work by branching from one of the already existing
packages (like for example, in the project Kernel:HEAD). This way,
collaboration will be much easier in the long run.

I?m really green to OBS and package creating, so I really need your help
:)

Thank you very much in advance
kdl

--