Re: [opensuse-packaging] If I copy a package from a home dir ....
Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 23:55:51 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
All,

For the package I want build, I need about 15 perl packages from CPAN.

My first real success is perl-Net-Pcap in
home:gregfreemyer:Tools-for-forensic-boot-cd

I want to make sure I handle this right so I can submit it to a devel
project. No reason for it not to be there.

So, I created it by branching a copy from Leo Eraly <leo@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The spec file needed one little tweak to work wiht 11.4, but now it
seems to be working and I replaced the static source with a service
pulling the tgz file from CPAN.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=perl-Net-Pcap.spec&packag
e=perl-Net-Pcap&project=home%3Agregfreemyer%3ATools-for-forensic-boot-cd&sr
cmd5=903e61a1a18b6b0f6893c0f53a52d676

Once tested and I run the specfile cleaner on it, I'd like to SR this
to a devel project.

I don't really feel like the packager. Should I leave his name in the
specfile and SR it when I'm ready? Or change the packager to be me?

You can create cpan perl modules by installing cpanspec and run it as cpanspec
Net::Pcap - you will create packages most often perfectly fine for
devel:languages:perl without having to feel like a packager.

And we don't use the Packager: field, it's mainly for upstream projects where
the packager is the first line of contact, we set Packager: to
http://bugs.opensuse.org

Greetings, Stephan

--
Sent from openSUSE