Re: [opensuse-packaging] newbie question on %prep
On 02/18/2011 11:13 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I'm trying to package log2timeline and I'm pulling the *.tgz via a service
pull.

When the tgz file is expanded in %prep, it creates .../log2timeline.

But the %prep section automatically does a "cd log2timeline-0.51"
before I can have any control.

How can I rename the extracted directory or cause the cd to go into
log2timeline?

fyi: I'm going to need to package some prereq perl modules for this to
work, so if you can point me at a good example of a perl module spec
file, that would be great too.

Thanks
Greg

Try these links:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/ it gives a good basic rundown on
the common parts of the spec file and also gives all the interesting
things you can do with %setup.
http://www.rpm.org/ here you get all the rest of the documentation and
there's even reasonable info on macros but you have to browse for it.
Regards
Dave P