Re: [opensuse-packaging] slv2 is still missing from factory although lv2core is in it's nearly useless without slv2 and I cannot enable LV2 support in anything.
On 2011-02-18 15:23:11 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
I'm now confused, the packman package has the same name libslv2-9 now
I remember, I looked at the packman package and it provided libslv2-8
so I used the conflict to cause the openSUSE version to be installed
with the openSUSE devel package after I discovered that the packman
package remained installed when I installed the slv2 devel package. Of
course for building purposes only the openSUSE version will be
installed but even though 99% of the time it won't cause a problem the
package that was built against a particular library should use that
library at runtime.

The installation system gets confused by the pm in the packman release
number sometimes.

that is actually the reason why we have the shared library packaging
policy. so old libraries can remain installed so conflicts between
shared library packages are a no go in general.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you