Re: [opensuse-packaging] slv2 is still missing from factory although lv2core is in it's nearly useless without slv2 and I cannot enable LV2 support in anything.
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:23:11 +0200
On 2011-02-16 11:37:47 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
Please submit your packages before Friday afternoon (UTC time) to make
sure they will get included in this release. Leaf packages submitted
during the week-end might also get accepted on Monday.

For a quick overview of the openSUSE Roadmap, please see:
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap

Thanks,

Package slv2 is stuck somewhere :
60049 State:new By:plater When:2011-02-04T12:40:37
submit: multimedia:libs/slv2 ->
openSUSE:Factory
Descr: Add slv2-0.6.6-licencefix.patch to remove file with
conflicting
GPLv2 statement in the header.
See bnc#669117 and slv upstream drobillad #630
The bug is sitting at #NEEDINFO set by me.

the package is on hold because your package generates a different
soversion than the packman package although you say both have the same
version.

1. why not join the work with the packman team instead of duplicating
the package?

2. if you have to duplicate it, why do the soversions differ?

darix

I'm now confused, the packman package has the same name libslv2-9 now I
remember, I looked at the packman package and it provided libslv2-8
so I used the conflict to cause the openSUSE version to be installed with the
openSUSE devel package after I discovered that the packman
package remained installed when I installed the slv2 devel package. Of course
for building purposes only the openSUSE version will be
installed but even though 99% of the time it won't cause a problem the package
that was built against a particular library should use that
library at runtime.
The installation system gets confused by the pm in the packman release number
sometimes.

Regards
Dave P