Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] slv2 is still missing from factory although lv2core is in it's nearly useless without slv2 and I cannot enable LV2 support in anything.
On 02/17/2011 06:16 PM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
On 2011-02-16 11:37:47 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

Please submit your packages before Friday afternoon (UTC time) to make
sure they will get included in this release. Leaf packages submitted
during the week-end might also get accepted on Monday.

For a quick overview of the openSUSE Roadmap, please see:
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap

Thanks,

Package slv2 is stuck somewhere :
60049 State:new By:plater When:2011-02-04T12:40:37
submit: multimedia:libs/slv2 ->
openSUSE:Factory
Descr: Add slv2-0.6.6-licencefix.patch to remove file with
conflicting
GPLv2 statement in the header.
See bnc#669117 and slv upstream drobillad #630
The bug is sitting at #NEEDINFO set by me.

the package is on hold because your package generates a different
soversion than the packman package although you say both have the same
version.

1. why not join the work with the packman team instead of duplicating
the package?

2. if you have to duplicate it, why do the soversions differ?

darix

I was only aware of the packman package after creating slv2 and
unfortunately the build service can't build against packman packages
otherwise I wouldn't have to go to all this trouble.
I'll sort out the so number, the packman package is either older or was
updated after I made slv2. The user who originally requested LV2 wanted
it for ardour which isn't in packman.

Thanks
Dave P