[opensuse-packaging] Re: Forcing an specific type of keyboard
El 17/02/11 15:02, Cristian Rodríguez escribió:
Hi:

Im a bit lost, Im integrating all the tools to use "yubikeys"
http://www.yubico.com/yubikey for the next opensuse release, so far
everything is OK, but it is likely that users with "Dvorak" kb layouts
will encounter issues.

This usb device is reported to the OS as a keyboard, I need that
everytime it is plugged into the system, the whole system forces it to
recognized as an english 101 keys keyboard (by whole I mean, on every
single application that uses the keyboard, X or console alike)

My question is where is the most effective place to do this .. udev ?
some other place in the X configuration ? and how ?

Cheers.

For X server 1.8+ Iam supposed to drop a file into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "yubikey"
MatchVendor "Yubico"
MatchProduct "Yubikey"
Option "XkbModel" "pc101"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbVariant" "intl"
EndSection

However, doing so changes the system keyboard layout as well (somehow it
overrides it ;-(