Re: [opensuse-packaging] Renaming a package

Hello,

On Feb 17 14:37 Dave Plater wrote (excerpt):
... especially when you have packman packages to contend with ...

Ahh!

It seems I was absolutely right with my dark foreboding
that the various repositories cause new and unfamiliar issues
so that it is in general a good idea to try to be on the safe side
regarding whatever packages form whatever third-party repositories.

And Vincent Untz might be wrong - at least in some cases - when
he "trust our zypp-based tools to do the right thing"...

By the way:
I already had a nightmare lesson with packman packages.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex