Re: [opensuse-packaging] Renaming a package

Hello,

On Feb 17 11:38 Cristian Morales Vega wrote (excerpt):
But the text behind it says that's the quick way,
and recommends a scheme that makes rpmlint complain.

Any text which I did read regarding RPM dependencies
was convoluted stuff of obsure jargon.

This seems to indicate that the root cause why nobody
can describe it in a comprehensible way is that
it actually is convoluted and obsure in RPM plus
whatever installer software.

A longer time ago I did it exactly as described (which
worked perfectly with plain RPM) but it became a nightmare
when using the installer software and the "solution"
was plain wrong RPM dependencies to make it work
for the installer software.

In the end:
Better don't ask for "the right way how to do it"
but just do what seems to work o.k. for you.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex