Re: [opensuse-packaging] YFYI: How to use RPM disturls to find the OBS project for a package
On 02/17/2011 12:37 PM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Details here: http://wp.me/pduJG-a2

I saw your previous massage outlining the command and couldn't
understand what to do with the data returned although it looked like an
obs revision number.
I usually use rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/include/foo.h (there's a
problem if the rpm isn't on my system)
Then when I know the devel binary name I find the package name with
rpm -qi which shows the source rpm name which matches the package name then
osc maintainer openSUSE:Factory <package name> to get the name of the
devel project I can link to in my project.

This looks like it's going to reduce the callouses on my fingers from
banging the keyboard too much.

Thanks
Dave P