Re: [opensuse-packaging] RPM how to change a directory to a link
  • From: yersinia <yersinia.spiros@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:28:43 +0100
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 05:01:07PM +0100, yersinia wrote:
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Ugly and it does not work in any case.

What do you think of this toy spec http://rpm5.org/cvs/chngview?cn=14827
for changing a directory with a symbolic link ?

Does not work for me, as the uninstall of the old package removes
the files from the new package and you end up with an empty
/tmp/test-change-dir-to-symlink-directory dir.

(And "%pretrans -p /usr/bin/lua" should be "%pretrans -p <lua>" to
make it use rpm's internal lua)

Bad link posted, sorry. There was in fact a typo in the first release in fact

http://rpm5.org/cvs/fileview?f=rpm/tests/test-change-dir-to-symlink-1.1.spec&v=1.1
http://rpm5.org/cvs/fileview?f=rpm/tests/test-change-dir-to-symlink-1.2.spec&v=1.3

Better perhaps to do a cvs co of rpm5 HEAD. Exists also a my personal
git repo of rpm5 on github or on launchpad

I'm glad to know what you think, because the resolution of the problem
is the same in rpm5.org and rpm.org (debian does not even support a
change from manual directory with a symbolic link, or vice versa)

Cheers

Elia