Re: [opensuse-packaging] RPM how to change a directory to a link
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

On Feb 9 17:01 yersinia wrote (excerpt):

... http://rpm5.org/...

We do not use "the official RPM Package Manager (RPM)" from rpm5.org
but the "RPM Package Manager (RPM)" from rpm.org - for details see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPM_Package_Manager#Forks

Sure, i know

The example linked was valid also for rpm 4.4.2.x, RPM 4.8.0 and rpm5.
I have written the toy spec, with another name, because noone care to
answer on a similar #redhat bugzilla (in reality was closed with a
"wont fix"). it is useful ? dunno. For the fork question everyone have
its opinion but if you like give a look to
https://answers.launchpad.net/rpm/+question/124225

Hope that my answers are useful for the question discussed here.

Best Regards

In openSUSE:Factory we have currently RPM version 4.8.0.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex