Re: [opensuse-packaging] How do I submit a new rpm macro for inclusion?
On 02/02/2011 02:57 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, I;ve been dealing with a lot of crippled sources and also build a
few svn and git packages from time to time. I copied the contents of the
%configure macro and substituted ./configure with ./autogen.sh. This
would be ideal as a %autogen macro don't you think?

What about
%define _configure ./autogen.sh
%configure

cu
Ludwig

That runs configure twice, autogen.sh already runs configure (99% of the
time) and accepts the arguments for configure and passes them to configure.
I would also put in a check for the 1% where autogen.sh is simply a
script that runs the ac and am tools without libtool. The generic
autogen.sh has a header whereas the 1% is a small script.
It was just an idea as I was updating yet another crippled package the
expanded %configure takes a lot of space and a %autogen macro would make
the spec file more readable.
I'll carry on with this after I've finished more important tasks.
Dave P