Re: [opensuse-packaging] Corruption in openSUSE update repositories, how to report?
  • From: "Remco de Vreugd" <rdevreugd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:46:01 +0100
On 2010/09/30 at 09:40 CEST, Stephan Kulow wrote:

I am regularly running into corruption within the openSUSE
update repositories, i.e. the collections of files as downloadable
from mirrors throughout the world.

Do you download directly from mirrors or do you use
download.opensuse.org?

I used to routinely start at download.opensuse.org, but that mostly redirects
to the mirrors. Nowadays I don't even bother and pick a local mirror that I
know to be reliable and fast. And if I do run into mismatches of secure hashes,
I branch out to alternative mirrors.

If there is way to circumvent the redirection process and download specifically
from *the* source, even at (for example) a much lower speed, that would be nice
to know. It would remove another step from the troubleshooting process.

And the best way to report it is usually bugzilla.novell.com
and putting maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx in CC.

Ah, okay. I had expected bugzilla to be focusing on problems with(in) the
product rather than its distribution. But I'll give it a try. Thanks for the
pointer.

Regards,
Remco.